We are looking for a Junior Scala Developer Hero who enjoys problem-solving challenges.
Exalate is an innovative integration platform allowing to build a synchronization bridge between different work management systems. Its unique single-tenant distributed nature using a customized synchronization engine makes it a solution that allows the implementation of a large array of integration scenarios.
A glimpse into the company values and culture:
- There is no micromanagement at iDalko, you are required to work independently, make decisions and own the results;
- We value proactiveness in projects as well as in daily tasks;
- The initiative is appreciated when you also act on it;
- We thrive on diversity & respect in all interactions;
- We are in sync, meaning we keep things aligned, and well communicated so that the teams can collaborate smoothly;
- And we enjoy the journey we are on because our team consists of people who inspire each other and work great together.
- Working in collaboration with your team, while delivering project requirements
- Writing and reviewing code to ensure quality
- Helping develop new features, bug fixes, and optimizations
Our requirements for this position are:
- 1+ years of experience in Scala development (experience with Java 8+ and with a willingness to switch to Scala also can be considered)
- Experience with development tools and frameworks like Play Framework, Akka, Slick, sbt (Java alternatives are also possible)
- Knowledge of Git, Rest API, Guice(or alternative DI framework)
- Experience with SQL databases, and PostgreSQL in particular
- Experience with Automation(API) tests development
- Top-notch interpersonal and organizational skills making teamwork a positive experience
Bonus points for:
- Understanding of functional programming principles
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases. MongoDB, and Cassandra in particular
- Experience working with Jira, Bitbucket pipelines
- The transparent and open atmosphere of a cozy (~100 employees in total) company;
- Comfortable offices in Lviv and Antwerp;
- Coverage of work-related conferences/seminars/other learning opportunities for your growth;
- Flexible working hours;
- Possibility to work remotely whenever needed (unlim) — and we had it even before it was cool :
- Team Events and lots of small ones each year, weekly Team Lunches and the classic set of goodies at the office.